HUNGARIAN FRANCHISEES HONOUREDMay 10, 2023 12:23 pm
The Hungarian Leisure Sports Association organised a gala event to celebrate 6-a-side football and its best players – all from the Leisure Leagues Franchise network. The event was held at the Korosi Csoma Sandor Cultural Centre in Kobanya, the 10th district. Not only were awards ceremoniously handed out, but Hungarian comedians Dávid Musimbe Dennis and László Lakatos entertained the award winners, and singer Kálmán Nyári entertained the audience with his vocals.
In his opening speech, Attila Czene, Olympic champion swimmer and president of the Hungarian Leisure Sports Association, emphasized the importance of amateur clubs, hobby sports, and general exercise for overall health.
Tibor Csuhai, president of the Hungarian Association and the driving force behind Leisure Leagues, stated that the years 2023 and 2024 are about innovations and the development of the sport. Earlier this year, they introduced VAR (video assistant referee) to their special tournaments, along with a challenge system that has provided further excitement and twists. They also launched an environmental protection program and presented the small-sided forest, where the trees were planted by members of the association. They plan to continue this work.
The association presented awards in seven categories, and the Leisure Leagues players honored were:
- Best Player of the Year nominees: Róbert Fekete, Balázs Hollauer, Márk Czerman; category winner: Márk Czerman.
- Best goalkeeper of the year nominees: László Szacskó, Martin Kovács, Zsolt Balogh; category winner: László Szacskó.
- Team of the Year nominees: Ascona-Haus Kft., National Iron Team, NYK Piano Music; category winner: Ascona-Haus Kft.
- Team leader of the year nominees: Richárd Budai, Imre Balla, István Kovács; category winner: Richárd Budai.
- Tournament organizer of the year nominees: Csaba Makádi, Tamás Tóth and Lajos Bodó, Attila Fejes; category winner: Attila Fejes.
- Fair-play award nominees: H.O.P.E., Sinter FC, Szilasi and friends; category winner: Szilasi and friends.
- Best referee of the year nominees: Zsolt Kocsis, Norbert Medve, Csaba Sándor; category winner: Zsolt Kocsis.
Leisure Leagues International Devlopment Director, Tom Nash, praised the Hungarian organizers: “We are thrilled to see the Hungarian Leisure Sports Association recognize the talents and efforts of their players through this gala event. It is a testament to their dedication to promoting grassroots football and providing opportunities for players to showcase their skills. We are proud to have such passionate and committed partners in Hungary, and we look forward to seeing their best players compete at the upcoming Leisure Leagues powered 6-a-side world cup next month.”
Categorised in: News
This post was written by Andy Thorley